On 17 August 2023 we hosted a transdisciplinary roundtable, facilitating a conversation about “Resilient Democracies: On the role of trust, participation and combatting disinformation” featuring speakers with expertise in economics, mathematics, political theory, and international politics. You can find a recording of the session here. For photos taken on the day, follow this link.
One of the guest speakers, Professor Massimo Morelli also contributed a public lecture on “The Shift to Commitment Politics and Populism” later that day (see related CEPR Discussion Paper for more on this, or alternatively, read this working paper version) — access the recording of this public lecture on YouTube here — , and gave an interview in the media on related topics to those discussed in the roundtable and the public lecture, which you can read more about here.
With Guest Speakers:
- Massimo Morelli, Sir Douglas Myers Visiting Professor from Bocconi University
- Giunia Valeria Gatta, Visiting Professor from Bocconi University
Accompanied by co-Panellists:
- Simona Fabrizi, co-Director of the CMSS and Senior Lecturer from the Dept of Economics at the University of Auckland
- Arkadii Slinko, co-Director of the CMSS and Professor from the Dept of Mathematics at the University of Auckland
And Moderated by:
- Robert MacCulloch, Matthew S. Abel Chair of Macroeconomics from the Dept of Economics at the University of Auckland